Ep 27: Sexologist, Author of Sex Secrets of Escorts, Veronica Monet
I’m interviewing Veronica Monet, Sexologist, Relationship Coach, and author of Sex Secrets of Escorts: Tips from a Pro, and the upcoming book, How To Say Your No. Veronica is also the founder of The Shame Free Zone (see her full bio and additional resources at the bottom).
As you’ll hear on the podcast, Veronica is uniquely qualified to speak with authority about sexuality, intimacy, porn, shame, and many other sensitive areas of relationships.
There is A LOT of great material about sex in this podcast, way too much to write down in this summery. I had to stop myself asking questions after 45 min, but I could have gone on for hours:)
Please listen to the whole episode for deep, insightful and provocative input about sexuality and intimacy.
A few of the topics you’ll get enlightened about:
- When the doctors say there’s nothing wrong with you, but you still aren’t able to or don’t want to have sex
- The “Sexual Ghetto” we create around our own sexuality
- Why sex is natural and how even in the womb, we experience pleasure, masturbation, and orgasm.
- The shame we carry around about our own sexuality
- How our genitals don’t lie
- Why sex and intimacy end up at the bottom of our priority list.
- How couples can keep their sex alive and not settle for scraps
- When one partner in a couple wants sex every single day or else …
- Why sex is highly relevant for everyone, even if you don’t have a sexual partner
- Why we often talk ourselves out of sex
- How we rationalize settling for very little when it comes to sex and intimacy
- The relationship between sexual intimacy and emotional intimacy … which is more important?
- Porn: The use of porn, the effects of porn, “good porn and bad porn”, and how high-speed internet porn can can hurt men’s ability to have erections and orgasm. (Veronica is a fabulous coach around porn. She truly has no judgments about it. She herself was part of the sex industry for many years).
- How our “pornofied” culture has removed us from basic truths about sexuality in general, and female sexual responses in particular.
- The spiritual, divine side of sexuality.
- Why we see more sexually addictive behavior in men
- The 5 steps to say powerfully No (From Veronica’s new book, How To Say Your No: Five Simple Steps to Heal the Heart and Soul of Your Relationship)
- How we try to perform sex instead of having sexual intimacy
- MeToo and a new standard for consent
MORE ABOUT VERONICA MONET:
Veronica Monet, ACS is an internationally acclaimed sexual and spiritual empowerment change agent. CNN, FOX, Politically Incorrect, Yale, Stanford and UC Berkeley are just a few of the numerous news and educational institutions that have hosted Veronica for her forward thinking insights and expertise.
Veronica helps individuals and couples heal shame, align with their spiritual core and live more joyfully. As a Relationship Coach, Sexologist, Anger Specialist and Empath, she combines her extensive education and experience with deep emotional intelligence and compassion. Having personally overcome incest, rape, violence and abuse, she is committed to helping others own their personal and erotic empowerment.
Veronica invites you to join her in The Shame Free Zone™. Here you will discover her game-changing Exquisite Partnership Formula ™, a program designed to turn conflict into connection and sexual intimacy that grows deeper with each passing year.
Find Veronica on theshamefreezone.com
Here’s the fun and educational TED talk Veronica mentioned, “10 things you didn’t know about orgasm” … click here …